Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Total Recall trailer reminds you that you already saw this damn movie 22 years ago, and it was just fine, thank you!



Yes this trailer looks every bit as bland and generic as the teaser from early April.  And yes the lack of creative imagination that would cause Sony to spend $200 million on a painfully similar remake of a 1990 sci-fi thriller is disturbing and perhaps a sign of the end times.  But I'm not going to whine.  First of all, I damn-well have the choice to not see this thing when it drops on August 3rd.  Second of all, and I'll be getting into this tomorrow if time allows, but we're slowly entering an era where studios seem to be remembering that not every film in the tent can or should be a tent-pole.  So for now, feast your eyes on the raging mediocrity that is the trailer for Total Recall.  Is there really any one who is honestly excited for this?

Scott Mendelson  

2 comments:

Kyle Leaman said...

I'm kinda interested to see this. I don't know if I would qualify it as 'excited', but I would go if I had the free time. The more they show of it the more it looks 'beat for beat' the same, but I'm intrigued by a couple of the action scenes the trailer is promising. It looks to me that there is the possibility for a great future car chase sequence and a strong Farrell-Beckinsale fight. Outside of that, I'm curious if they have tweaked it significantly in any other way.

Scott Phillip Spern said...

I usually find your comments 'spot on', but to be honest, this update looks visually stunning. The original 'Recall' was a plodder, visually speaking.
Yes, it looks identical plot-wise, but for my money, the thrills are in the visuals...for movies of this ilk, anyhow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels