Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Batman Live (the stage show) gets a trailer. This is NOT a trailer for Chris Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises!

First of all, I'm SHOCKED at the number of people who think this thing has anything whatsoever to do with Chris Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises.  Sample comment elsewhere: "Chris Nolan: from Memento to... this??!"  It makes you realize why it was so easy to convince us that Saddam Hussein was behind the 9/11 attacks.  Anyway, this looks like loads of silly fun, with hopefully a solid-enough script to make it matter beyond the visual and technical elements (it's written by comic/cartoon vets Stan Berkowitz, Alan Burnett, and Allan Heinberg).  The show opens in July in the United Kingdom, and I have no idea if/when it will show up in Los Angeles, California.  But I suppose it will be just the kind of thing I will let my wife get me for my birthday.  I say 'let' because I've gotten to that age where I don't really want presents for special occasions, especially as I don't want/need a lot of material items anymore (at least not the kind of 'fun' items that make appropriate 'gifts').  Anyway, if this show manages to make it to our shores... well, we'll see how the reviews are overseas in a few months.  On the plus side, the combined health insurance deductibles of all cast and crew involved in this show have thus far remained at $0.00.

Scott Mendelson  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels