Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Wes Craven's My Soul to Take gets a trailer.

Usually when I see a trailer for an upcoming movie, I discuss how the film looks, how it might play out, and the stylistic choices that went into the construction of said trailer in terms of what the studio is trying to sell. However, here presents an odd case where I've actually seen the film in question. Way back in April 2009, when this Wes Craven picture was called 25/8, my wife and I attended a test screening purely out of our fandom for the man who gave us Wes Craven's New Nightmare and Scream 2.. After said test screening, the film allegedly went back to the drawing board with massive reshoots and what not. Aside from a few supernatural images and some obvious 3-D gags, this looks to be the same film I saw a year and a half ago. The redone version is set to open on October 8th. How was the movie back when I first saw it? Well, one hint: I actually wrote about it at the end of the year...

Scott Mendelson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels