Saturday, June 19, 2010

That takes me back: Donkey Kong Country comes to Wii.


I don't generally buy video games these days. Sure, Red Dead Redemption might be wonderful, but I do not have the hours and hours of disposable time to invest in such a sprawling world. But this one looks like something the spouse can play right along with me, as we both got a big kick out of Super Mario Bros Wii. The original Donkey Kong Country was released in 1994, and it was the last great game on the good ol' Super Nintendo (it sold 8 million copies, which was more than any stand-alone title in Super Nintendo history). But I was less crazy about the 3D Nintendo 64 version that came out Christmas 1999. This looks like a step back in the right direction, although I have no idea what the series has been up to in the last eleven years, but it looks like I might actually have something for my wife to buy me this holiday season (oh, how she does complain that I'm hard to shop for...).

Scott Mendelson

1 comment:

R.L. Shaffer said...

While this game certainly looks like a heck of a lot of fun, I kinda miss the CG claymation-look of the old series. It's a shame the Wii doesn't have enough processing power to matte the claymation-like elements over the current polygonal template.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels