Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Star Trek screens to rave reviews, and mourning the midnight screenings that I no longer attend.

First of all, the trades (Variety and The Hollywood Reporter) are raving about Star Trek. I'll hopefully get to see it within the next week, but it looks like I may just have to (happily) eat crow regarding Paramount's financial gamble. Oh, and thank you Paramount for scheduling advance night screenings at a reasonable hour (starting at 7pm). When you become a parent, one of the things you give up is the ability to do those beloved 12:01am advance showings of the big summer movies. Should I not be able to make the press screenings, I'll happily just waltz on in on Thursday night without worrying about losing sleep. Still... some great memories of those midnight movies. When Allison is old enough, I'll gladly tag along to whatever midnight screenings she wants, be it X-Men Origins: Random Mutant Who Can Shoot Wooden Stakes Out of His Arms or The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn.

Scott Mendelson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels