Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time gets a second terrible trailer.


Pretty much what I said last time around. This still looks like a jumbled, confused, and oddly lifeless mess of a picture. Jake Gyllenhaal and Gemma Arterton are still hopelessly miscast, and the film seems to be lacking any real swashbuckling. I'll be the first to eat crow if I'm wrong, but this looks like an absolute disaster. Besides, I find it amusing that they are playing up the romance/sex-appeal of the project, when Disney knows full well that they are opening this thing against Sex and the City 2. I'm not the first to suggest this, but perhaps this film and its theoretical quality issues are the real reason that Disney is in such a rush to get Alice in Wonderland out on DVD/Blu Ray during the third quarter of 2010. Hmm...

Scott Mendelson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels