Thursday, September 10, 2009

Trick R Treat gets a trailer.


I've been hearing great things about this one for about two years now. For whatever reason, Warner opted not to release it in theaters despite the all-star cast (Brian Cox, Anna Paquin, Dylan Baker) and raves that it accumulated from one festival screening after another. However, to their credit, they are finally putting this out on DVD and Blu Ray. Alas, only the Blu Ray comes with more than just a commentary (the high-def version includes a digital copy, an extra commentary, deleted scenes, special effects comparisons, and a featurette on Halloween folklore). I could go on a rant about studios' reluctance to give original horror films (such as From Within, 2001 Maniacs, or Midnight Meat Train) full-blown theatrical releases while staying on the remake/reboot/redo of Asian horror films gravy train, but I haven't actually seen this film yet. Still, I can't imagine that something like this wouldn't have made a tidy profit if Warner actually released it around Halloween.

Oh well, at least I'll get to see it soon enough. Anyway, for more information, including a fan art contest, go to the official site.

Scott Mendelson

2 comments:

Sabina E. said...

the trailer really does look good. I think we might have a cult classic on our hands (along with The Assasination of a High School President). I've got it on my Netflix queue and just might buy the DVD...

Anonymous said...

I'll tell you why...

1. its probably actually scary (suspense over brutality)
2. there's probably actual character development
3. it probably lets the viewer imagine how grotesque it is (not very gory).

I have high hopes for this one (have for 2 years) hopefully its not a letdown.

Behind The Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon was one that should have gathered a wider release. One of the most underrated and best horror films of this decade.

-Brandon

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels