Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fool me twice... shame on me? Paranormal Activity has a trailer.


It's been over ten years, and I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from the scam that was The Blair Witch Project. I'm detecting some strong vibes of déjà vu here. I do like the old-fashioned plea to get the movie to open in your city. It's cute, but I'd be shocked if Paramount doesn't have this thing in semi-wide release by Halloween. The trailer seems to at least suggest that there will be actual frightening scenes of actual frightening imagery, rather than a mysterious tree branch and something terrible just out of camera view. I'll be the first to eat my words if Paranormal Activity is anywhere near as scary as I've been hearing, but I'm very skeptical.

Scott Mendelson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels