Monday, June 15, 2009

Shaquille O'Neal to be traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers? And how did Danny Ferry end up General Manager?


Obviously, the above news might not actually pan out. But the big shock for me was the revelation that Danny Ferry was the Cavs' General Manager. Granted, I don't follow this stuff NEARLY as much as I did in my prime sports-card-collecting days in the late 80s/early 90s, but huh? I remember Ferry as the guy who was supposed to be the next big thing. He went off to Italy to play for a bit, then came back and embarrassed the Cleveland Cavaliers by being a merely adequate player, not at all worth the cost of trading him from the Los Angles Clippers. Like many basketball fans in the day, I had his Skybox rookie card and it didn't come cheap. It's not even worth the cardboard it's printed on today.

No matter, I'm glad to see he had a long and pleasant career and found a certain amount of success. It was just a bit of a shock... his was a name that I had completely forgotten about a long time ago. Good luck to the Cavs in snagging Shaq.

Scott Mendelson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels