Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part I gets a full trailer.

I'm running out of superlatives, so I'll make this quick. I am amused by how the first portion of the trailer seems to mirror the opening half of the final trailer for Lord of the Rings: Return of the King seven years ago. Similar mood, similar glum prognostications of doom, similar moody montages of peril and suffering. I half expected to see Hugo Weaving ordering Harry Potter to 'become who you were born to be'. If it needs to be said, the Harry Potter series has long shed its reputation as the lesser fantasy cousin of the Lord of the Rings films. It is now a towering achievement on its own, and I cannot believe it's already been nine years since it started. The board is set, the pieces are moving. We come to it at last... the grand finale of the definitive film franchise of our generation.

Scott Mendelson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spot on, Scott.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels