Saturday, November 7, 2009

Don't judge a Viggo by his cover...

I remember first seeing the previews for A Perfect Murder back in summer 1998 and wondering 'why is this no-name Viggo guy getting billing in the trailer?'. Since he looked much younger than he was at the time (39) and I didn't recognize him offhand, I figured he was some WB-hunk who had no business being in a real movie. Of course, I had seen him in several films prior (Witness, Crimson Tide, Daylight) but he never really stood out at the time. Irony that A) I was wrong about him in every way and B) he got his star-making role in Lord of the Rings precisely because of his (comparatively) advanced age/rugged looks and demeanor. Go figure (and happy belated 51st birthday)...

Scott Mendelson

1 comment:

Heather Moore said...

Can't wait for The Road. Love him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels