Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Dark Knight Rises gets a snazzy second poster.

I don't have much to add, as the poster basically tells the tale.  As it is, I will say that at this point, considering all the online hub-bub and speculation, that it would almost be more courageous for Chris Nolan NOT to kill off Bruce Wayne at the conclusion of this third and final installment of his Batman saga.  A 'shocking' finale is not quite as surprising when everyone has been expecting it for nearly a year prior to release.  Anyway, I am officially back on board the Bat-hype train.  On a personal note, I still dislike the idea of Bane somehow being a bigger and more defining threat than The Joker, but I'm going to have to get over that at some point.  The IMAX preview and the full trailer both drop on Friday in theaters (with Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows respectively), with the trailer likely going online on Sunday night or Monday morning.  My previous concerns aside, it is more fun to be excited than to be cynical.

Scott Mendelson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels