Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Hangover II gets a shockingly unfunny trailer, just replays the first film ala Home Alone 2: Lost in New York..

I make no bones about my admiration for the first Hangover. It had a tight mystery screenplay that worked as a light thriller first and a comedy second. And even back in June 2009, I said that I had no interest in a sequel, especially one that just repeated the story of the first one. And that's basically what Todd Phillips and his friends have done this time. Same three guys, same basic set-up, same core problem. Last time, it was a missing groom, this time it's a missing brother-of-the-bride. Oh, and it's in a totally different country this time. Oh, and the trailer fails to score a single laugh. It's been awhile since we've seen a sequel that so obviously seems to be just replaying the first film. The obvious precedent is Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. That's not good. Anyway, this one comes out May 27th.

Scott Mendelson

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, you forget Meet The Fockers. Same as the first, just 2 new wacky characters this time!

-Brandon

Jerika said...

Oh wow, I don't think I could be any less disappointed for this now. I'm kind of shocked at how not good and exactly the same it looks.

Tom Clift said...

There's no doubt that this is a shameless rehash of the first one, but I still thought there we enough funny moments in the trailer (clearly we differ here) that I'm willing to reserve judgement until I see the film

Jerika said...

Oh wow, I don't think I could be any less disappointed for this now. I'm kind of shocked at how not good and exactly the same it looks.

Anonymous said...

Ah, you forget Meet The Fockers. Same as the first, just 2 new wacky characters this time!

-Brandon

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels