Thursday, December 10, 2009

Being grown-up means not always being first...

As I mentioned earlier, I'll be seeing Avatar on Monday night, so expect a review either late Monday night or Tuesday morning. I figured it was worth waiting four days to see the film in IMAX at a more convenient theater. Besides, unlike IMAX, I have no real relationship with Fox, so I would have had to start jumping through hoops weeks ago. Sure, the geek in me wishes I were at tonight's screening at the Mann's Chinese, but the grown up is happy to wait a few days. Besides, I went through hell to get into the first press screening of The Dark Knight last year, only to find that I had to wait a week and a half until I could talk about it with spoiler-phobic friends (on the plus side, I compiled quite a few Warner Bros. contacts as a result). The key now is to remain spoiler-free (and expectations-free) until Monday night.

Scott Mendelson

2 comments:

Kyle Leaman said...

Will it be 3D IMAX? I'm very curous to know whether or not this film will turn 3D into a storytelling and action plus rather than a gimmick

pisys said...


IMAX.com > AVATAR: AN IMAX 3D EXPERIENCE

It believe it is. ~pisys

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels