Sunday, February 6, 2011

Thor fails to bring the thunder (again) with a bland Super Bowl teaser.


I'm not going to do a rundown of every single Super Bowl movie ad, primarily because there were just too many of them. I know I've been bagging on Thor since last year's Comic Con, but the problems remain the same. The Asgard footage looks stilted and artificial, while the Earthbound stuff looks like something out of the first Universal Soldier. Having said that, I don't have any desire to see Kenneth Branagh fail. Hell, I'm the guy who loves Mary Shelly's Frankenstein. If Marvel is somehow hiding all of the knock-out footage, or if the film plays better as a whole than it does in 30-300 second chunks, then so be it. But this just doesn't look like the kind of epic tale that is going to get people excited about Thor or his place in The Avengers.

Scott Mendelson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels