Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hope Allison never gets into this...

If you can't get through this whole clip, I don't blame you. For what it's worth, Smallville creators Alfred Gough and Miles Millar are set to script a film adaptation of Monster High for Universal Pictures. It will apparently come out sometime in 2012. Why am I posting this? Well, a few reasons. First of all, a big video booth of this doll/action figure series was set up at the local Toys R Us while I had Allison with me, and she seemed somewhat intrigued by the concept but annoyed at the obviously pandering execution. Second of all, I had never even heard of this property, and I'm genuinely shocked that Mattel is skipping the whole 'animated series' route and going straight for the live-action movie. Yes, because the feature-film adaptation of Bratz brought endless cash for Lionsgate back in 2007. Lastly, and this is something that has occurred to me many times: I cannot wait until Tim Burton and Helen Bonham Carter's children are old enough to 'go Goth' as a form of youthful rebellion. Would there be anything more ironic?

Scott Mendelson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels