Monday, November 24, 2008

Test your Government and Civics IQ

Apparently, the average score for this Civics and Government test is a lousy 49%. Truth be told, it's a pretty challenging test, as it ventures far outside the usual high school proficiency test stuff (I did well, but I had to think about some of them). It's from the Conservative think tank Intercollegiate Studies Institute (hence the emphasis on the glory of free market capitalism), but it's still a solid quiz. Michael Fox on Open Salon covers the possible hypocrisy of the ISI condemning America for not being literate on matters of civics, so I won't repeat that here. Give it a go and see how you do.

The Quiz


For the record, I got 30/33 (missed some tax questions). If you're brave enough, take the quiz and let me know how you did in the comments section.

Scott Mendelson

3 comments:

Kyle Leaman said...

I took it and got a 28/33. Kudo's to you sir! Some of the questions were a little poorly written, if taxes and spending are equal? Taxes what? Tax revenue, tax rates, tax what? Anyways, interesting quiz. I would've swore the Lincoln-Douglas debates were on the right of the south to secede. I guess I am comforted by the fact I scored higher than the average person. Its nice to have independant sources confrim my above averageness.

Libby said...

29/33... interesting slant to the quiz, I agree. Some very easy questions and some I thought were pretty hard. With any luck, I'll see you & your ladies this weekend!

Libby said...

29/33... interesting slant to the quiz, I agree. Some very easy questions and some I thought were pretty hard. With any luck, I'll see you & your ladies this weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels