Friday, October 3, 2008

Perfect double bill with Mama Mia! (Repo: The Genetic Opera trailer)

I've forgotten how much I enjoy listening to Anthony Head sing. This trailer went up last week, so pardon my tardiness. Many thanks for Lionsgate for not hiding the fact that this is a full-on musical. Presenting the full trailer for Repo: The Genetic Opera:



I wrote about this a month ago, when discussing Lionsgate's 12-film blitz attack. Speaking of which, this weekend's release of Religious marks the halfway mark, so I'll be doing an update on that around Monday.

Granted, most films that try to become cult films flail about wildly, but this really looks like something special. Again, fans of Buffy The Vampire Slayer know full well that Giles can nail a note (why he was cut from Sweeeny Todd, I'll never know). The rest of the cast is the definition of neat: Broadway crooner Sarah Brightman, along with Paul Sorvino, Alexa Vega, Bill Mosley, and, yes, Paris Hilton. I always love a good musical, so if the songs and the singers measure up, I'll be able to forgive many a shortcoming. Say what you will, but Darren Lynn Bousman isn't cashing in his Saw capital for naught. This looks like the very definition of personal passion play (artistic, not religious, natch). It officially opens November 7th, how wide I do not know.

Scott Mendelson

The two best singers on Buffy 'Wish I Could Stay':

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels