Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Scott Mendelson gets pull-quoted again...!

Thanks to the many readers who caught it and especially to Ryan Bisasky who scanned and sent me a copy of the box art in question.  I don't generally write in a fashion that would lend itself to pull-quoting nor do I make as much of an effort as I should to review little-seen movies that might be desperate for a quote, so this doesn't happen all that often.  I occasionally get inquiries about possible quotes but I don't make the final cut that often (movies I was almost quoted on: The Muppets, Puss In Boots, and eventually Zero Dark Thirty).  Anyway, feel free to rejoice or mock accordingly.  Maybe if I took my wife's advice and wrote accordingly ("Thor brings the thunder!" or "Jack Reacher reaches for greatness!") this would happen more often.

Scott Mendelson

4 comments:

Brandon Peters said...

I've already got "Bruce Willis IS John McClane" ready for my A Good Day To Die Hard review haha

Liam_Ho said...

Curious to know what was almost quoted from you for Zero Dark Thirty. Unless its the "fantastic achievement" line. Anyways congrats.

Scott Mendelson said...

"Jessica Chastain gives a dynamite movie-star performance."
"'Zero Dark Thirty' is a fantastic achievement."
"A fantastic achievement."
"A crackling thriller."
"A terrific piece of adult entertainment."



I was not asked about approval for the portions where I compared it to Fever Pitch and Point Break...

phillylo said...

that's awesome man. congratulations!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels