Monday, March 8, 2010

Tron Legacy gets a teaser.


I can't say I was looking forward to this one. Despite my professional adoration of both Jeff Bridges and David Warner, the original Tron is just one of those geek movies that I just can't get into. Still, I'm actually intrigued by the opening moments, the promise of mystery and the inherent drama of a long-ago vanished father figure. The opening two acts of the preview feels genuinely noirish, and the acting feels real-world glum. Plus the teaser is surprisingly restrained and takes its time reintroducing viewers back into the video game world of Tron. Even Jeff Bridges's one line works wonders as a tease regarding just what kind of life he has lived since 1982. I'm not expecting high art, but this will hopefully be more than just a 3D light show.

Scott Mendelson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels